Windows Dot3D Installation Instructions
- System Updates: Before installing onto your Windows device, please ensure your Windows OS is fully up to date. You can check for updates from System Settings. If you haven't updated in a while, you may have to do this multiple times.
- Compatibility Check: Dot3D requires Windows 10, OpenGL 3.3 or higher, Intel® Core™ i5 & up, and at least 4GB RAM. Please note that additional specs are required for use with Intel RealSense depth cameras for 3D scanning from Dot3D Pro/Scan. Please click here for more information on these required specs.
- Download: To install Dot3D on Windows, please download the latest .exe release here: www.dotproduct3d.com/dot3ddownload.
- Installation: Before installing, please make sure to close out of any other open Dot3D windows. Next, please open the .exe file downloaded in the previous step and follow the prompts to install. If you're updating from an older version, please follow the prompt to delete the previous version before installing the new one.
- License Activation: Before you open Dot3D for the first time, please make sure you are connected to the internet on your device. This is required for initial license activation. Next, open Dot3D and enter your license key when prompted. Ideally, we recommend copy+pasting the key, to ensure all characters are entered correctly. If you need to obtain a license key (purchase or free trial), please click here.
- Load Calibration: If you have any calibration files associated with your depth camera(s), please add them to your Calibrations folder (Documents\Dot3d\Calibrations), and activate in Dot3D from Settings > Sensors/Cameras > Scan Calib. Folder. Once activated, calibration files should be automatically loaded whenever the relevant camera is plugged in. To verify your calibration file is loaded at any time, please plug in the camera, navigate to Settings > Sensors/Cameras, select your camera from the left side tabs, and open the Calibration tab on the far right. There you will see the calibration file that is loaded.
Android Dot3D Installation Instructions
VIDEO TUTORIAL: www.dotproduct3d.com/androidinstall System Updates: Before installing onto your Android device, please ensure your Android OS is up to date by checking for updates from Settings. Please click here for instructions on updating your ...
Intel RealSense Firmware Update Procedure
Please follow the steps below to update your Intel RealSense camera to the latest available firmware from a Windows PC. It is recommended you check for available updates regularly, especially if you are running into any performance/connection issues ...
DPI-10 Tablet Comparison: Microsoft Surface Go 2 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Please see below for a table outlining the differences between the two tablets supported by the DotProduct DPI-10 (or DPI-10SR) Handheld 3D Scanning Kit: the Microsoft Surface Go 2 (Windows) and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (Android). The Microsoft ...
Recommended Tablets for Use with Dot3D Pro
1. Microsoft Surface Pro Series 2. Microsoft Surface Go Series (DPI-10/SR compatible) 3. Samsung Galaxy Tab S Series (not LITE models) 4. iPad Pro (2020 & up) - built-in LiDAR camera, not compatible with external cameras 5. Any other Windows/Android ...
Differences Between Dot3D Pro for iOS and Dot3D Pro for Android/Windows
Last updated: January 5, 2023 Dot3D Pro for iOS: Price: $299.99 / year Supported cameras: embedded iOS LiDAR scanner ONLY Unique features (not on Android/Windows yet): iOS inertial tracking maintains consistent tracking across even the most difficult ...