Differences Between Dot3D Pro for iOS and Dot3D Pro for Android/Windows
Last updated: January 5, 2023
Dot3D Pro for iOS:
Price: $299.99 / year
Supported cameras: embedded iOS LiDAR scanner ONLY
Unique features (not on Android/Windows yet):
- Ultra large scenes via Dot3D 5.0 engine
- Very fast local optimization via Dot3D 5.0 engine
- iOS inertial tracking maintains consistent tracking across even the most difficult areas
- New smaller, faster DP format v2
- Built-in flashlight access during scanning
- Manual keyframe trigger during scanning
- Live frame count bar during scanning
- Pause/resume scanning capability
- Video screen recording feature
- New scan-time visualization (real-time full-color reconstruction)
- New scene rendering for high quality point cloud visualization
- New targeting UI for ultra simple, streamlined referencing of distances and/or coordinates
Dot3D Pro for Android/Windows:
$995 / year (also includes complimentary Dot3D Pro for iOS license)Supported cameras:
Higher accuracy 3D camera attachments
ONLY (no embedded options)
Unique features (not on iOS yet):
- 3D cropping
- 3D filtering
- Targetless Align feature (multi-scan Append)
- 3D design comparison
- RCS and POD export formats (Windows only)
- Surface & cylinder annotation
- Pipe diameter and surface area measurement
- Bounding dimensions tool
- Fill volume calculation
- Live green/yellow scan-time feedback
NOTE: Any of the above can also be paired with a Dot3D Edit
license ($120/year) for post-processing on Windows with all Pro functionality except scanning.
Dot3D OS Differences (Windows vs. Android)
Dot3D is nearly the same on Windows and Android operating systems. However, there are some subtle differences. For example, the File Share function behaves differently. Please see below for a few of the main differences: 1. RCS and POD files can ...
DPI-10 Tablet Comparison: Microsoft Surface Go 2 vs. Samsung Galaxy Tab S6
Please see below for a table outlining the differences between the two tablets supported by the DotProduct DPI-10 (or DPI-10SR) Handheld 3D Scanning Kit: the Microsoft Surface Go 2 (Windows) and the Samsung Galaxy Tab S6 (Android). The Microsoft ...
Dot3D Tutorial (Dot3D Pro 4.0)
Please click below for a full length video tutorial covering our flagship Dot3D Pro handheld 3D scanning software. This video happens to be filmed from an Android phone equipped with an Intel RealSense L515 Kit, but almost all concepts also directly ...
Recommended Tablets for Use with Dot3D Pro
1. Microsoft Surface Pro Series 2. Microsoft Surface Go Series (DPI-10/SR compatible) 3. Samsung Galaxy Tab S Series (not LITE models) 4. iPad Pro (2020 & up) - built-in LiDAR camera, not compatible with external cameras 5. Any other Windows/Android ...
Windows Dot3D Installation Instructions
System Updates: Before installing onto your Windows device, please ensure your Windows OS is fully up to date. You can check for updates from System Settings. If you haven't updated in a while, you may have to do this multiple times. Compatibility ...